Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Training Tuesdays: 09.27.11.

I have officially hit this:


I haven't been feeling terrible at the end of my long runs. I don't bonk on my weekday runs. It usually takes me a few miles to get in a rhythm, but they've been fine. I've hit my training wall.

It happened last Friday. I came home from work and the last last last thing I wanted to do was go for an eight mile run. So I didn't. And then I dreaded and dragged my feet about our Sunday 17-miler up until the moment I stepped on the trail. Now on the other side of our last 17-miler, I feel better. But I am ready for the marathon to just be here already.

We have a fun 10-miler coming up this weekend that starts from downtown DC and covers the last 10 miles of the Marine Corps Marathon course, followed by a team brunch on the roof of the Department of the Interior building. The week after that is our last 20 and then we taper.

I am keeping my mileage low this week. Even though I think I'm out of my training funk, I don't need anything to intimidate me and keep me from my mid-week runs. This is what it looks like for this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment