Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Training Tuesdays: 09.20.11.

I love my GPS watch. It's a honkin'-big device, but shows me, somewhat accurately, my distance, pace, time and all other sorts of information. I rarely run without it. But last weekend, the coaches added a small suggestion in their reminder for the week's long run:

The nice weather, scenery, almost makes you want to leave your watch at home and just enjoy the day. [we hear the no way, but try it one day you’ll be amazed how much more relaxing it is].

And they were right (as usual). As much as I love coming home, plugging in my watch and uploading the data from my run, it was perfectly lovely to run without it. In fact, it made the first 16 or 17 miles more enjoyable. It wasn't until we got to the Airport that I constantly wanted to ask, "Are we there yet?"

When determining my schedule for this week, I wanted to be ambitious and log 8 miles each day this week, but I'm not sure that will happen. It is a busy week at work, and there is little chance I'm going to come home this evening with a full tank of gas.

This is my running schedule for the rest of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment