Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap: Jesus, Etc.

If you've got some time, listen to the Wilco concert I went to last night here on NPR. They live-streamed the show, which was second best to being there. So I guess that makes listening now the third best option. It still means you still get to listen to songs from their unreleased (at least for the next couple hours) album The Whole World.

(via)


As for songs off the new album, I really loved Whole Love. I'm sorry, Wilco, I'm just a sucker for something catchy with a quick beat (see also Outta Mind (Outta Sight)). After standing up for the first six songs of the set, I decided to take a break and parked it on our picnic blanket for a few minutes. I zoned out listening to One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley's Boyfriend), for what felt like hours, and I was surprised when I "woke up" and they were still playing it. I figured it was just the first signs of exhaustion (from having woken up at 5am and run 18 miles that morning), but no (well, yes, but...), the song is actually 12 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment