Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Training Tuesdays: 06.21.11.

The long run this past Sunday was a real treat. We did our first point-to-point run, starting in Bethesda and finishing at Union Station in DC.

(via)

The first 7 miles were on the Capital Crescent Trial, a paved path through beautifully lush forest. With the first signsof boredom, though, we were in DC, running past the Watergate and Kennedy Center. We watched people practice for the dragon boat races, launching into the Potomac from Thompson Boathouse in Georgetown.

We took a pace group picture in front of the Lincoln Memorial:

Photo by Ken Trombatore

We ran along the reflecting pool, on to the Washington Monument, along the Mall, up Capital Hill and then headed north to Union Station -- our stopping point. What was to be an 11-mile run turned into a 12, and I felt all of that last mile when we finished.

As wiped out as I was after my Sunday long run, and considering we ran a mile more than we were scheduled to, I decided to cut back a bit on today's run. Running around my hometown brings back so many memories. Around every corner is a house where a friend used to live, the community pool where I spent entire summers, trees I used to climb and soccer fields I could navigate with my eyes closed. This was a nice little tour.

(via)


This is my running schedule for the rest of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment