Friday, June 24, 2011

Wearing: Weekend in the Sun.


I plan on spending a lot of time outside this weekend and this is very similar to an outfit I will likely be wearing. I bought this hat from Target last week and it is perfect for shielding your face from the sun. I also just scooped up a pair of these Old Navy shorts and will be wearing them all summer long, often with a striped shirt like this. I say "like this" because I would never ever ever spend $85 on a knit top. Luckily, stripes are everywhere nowadays.

I liked the idea of keeping this outfit fairly neutral except the pop of the yellow shorts and bright red nail polish. These shoes and necklace are both neutral in color, but also bold and interesting. Anthropologie is my favorite place to look for bold, fun jewelry. Most of the pieces are way out of my price range, but it is always nice to internet-window shop, ponder a DIY here and there, and hope that some favorites get marked down. And the marked down again.

Speaking of favorites - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polish in Racey Rouge. This polish dries in two minutes and has a fantastic fat brush that makes painting your own nails, even with your non-dominant hand, incredibly easy. It comes in a ton of colors, but this red is by far my favorite. I actually need to buy a new bottle because the one I have now is empty. Nail polish usually dries up before it gets used up in this house. Not this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment