Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Training Tuesdays: 06.28.11.

(via)

A posting on the Marine Corps Marathon's Facebook page today says, "For many, today begins training for the 36th MCM." My training program started on May 8. Since then, I have completed 25 runs. I have spent over 27 hours running more than 160 miles. And it's still just the beginning.

A few of my mid-June runs really knocked me on my keister. (Did you know that keister is an exception to the "i before e except after c" rule?) The long runs are only going to get longer and total weekly mileage is still increasing. Dialing back on my weekday runs last week gave me more energy going into Sunday's long run. I had enough energy to run strong the entire 12 miles and still enjoy the rest of the day. This compared to last week when I could barely get off the couch to get a glass of water.

This week I am going to give myself the flexibility to to run less if my body is fatigued. This is my running schedule for the rest of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment