Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vintage Maps.

I love the idea of decorating a home with maps.

This is a beautiful example.
(via)

Especially maps of locations that have special meaning.

Since I left home for college, I have lived in quite a few places. Maps of Chicago, Indiana, New Jersey, Atlanta and DC make my heart go pitter-patter.

I love the perspective of this map of Chicago.
(via)
I fell in love with a vintage Indiana map similar
to this at Eastern Market last weekend.
(via)





Always a Jersey girl.
(via)


I have seen beautiful vintage maps at flea markets and antique stores. Etsy seller bananastrudel has an impressive selection of maps, prints and etchings. My mother-in-law bought us this map of Washington, DC, from the shop after we decided to move back to the area.

(via)


Looking at these maps made me reflect back on the many states and cities where I have lived. I am amazed at how many times I have moved since I first left home at 17 and how each of these moves brought me into touch with some of the most important people in my life. I will post later on a design project sparked by this reflection and inspired by vintage bus roll posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment