Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wearing: Interview!


Remember back here when I said I don't like wearing a stuffy black suit to an interview? Well, to that, tomorrow's interview says, "Too bad!" That was a hypothetical interview. This is a real interview. And the actual interview wins. The organization is somewhat conservative and I have it on good authority that it would be wise to start my ensemble with a black suit. Done. With my black bag (Target, last year) and black pumps, I wanted something to jazz it up a little, so I used the interview as an opportunity to go shopping. I found this beautiful cobalt blue blouse at Zara. On their website, it calls the color navy, but it is really a brighter blue. Very pretty. And I'll, of course, wear my trusty pyramid earrings.

The outfit still felt a little boring, so I wanted to find a statement necklace. I originally picked out this J.Crew necklace but hubs said it was too much. So today I will probably return it for the J.Crew necklace pictured above, which, objectively, I liked better anyway.

It is always nice to justify a shopping trip like this. If I (When I. Universe, you hear me? This is my dream job!) get the position, maybe I won't have to return all the items I purchased (the ones I didn't wear, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment