Friday, July 8, 2011

Wearing: Pretty Summer Outfit.


Yes. I am an almost-30 year-old woman that likes friendship bracelets. For some reason, I can't get enough of them lately. I saw some at Eastern Market a few weeks ago and cannot wait to get back to buy a few. Better yet, I may hit up Michael's or AC Moore this weekend and try to get back in my 12 year-old self's brain and remember how to make them. They maybe don't go with my original intent for this outfit, which was to create an ensemble that is a little dressier than what I normally wear during the summer. I felt like a bright, jersey dress would do just that, especially since I have been rocking t-shirts and shorts most days. I found this Calvin Klein dress at Marshall's for $30 and I have worn it at least 8 times in the past couple months. The floppy hat from Target and DKNY sandals (that I picked up at Macy's a couple years ago) are my summer staples. And this gorgeous cuff bracelet is by talented New Orleans-based jewelry designer Gogo Borgerding. Check out her website and, if you are in New Orleans, visit her store on Magazine Street. My sister bought me one of her cuffs - Tiger pattern in magenta - as a Christmas/half-marathon-finishing present and it is my favorite piece of jewelry. I wouldn't mind slowly creating a collection of Gogo cuffs and wearing them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment