Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wanted: Blue Velvet Sofa.

A few months ago, I was furniture shopping with a friend who is redecorating her living room, when we saw this:


And it stopped us in our tracks. Both of us stood in the doorway of the store, slack-jawed, staring at this beautiful sofa. My friend jolted me out of my daze when she mumbled, "I want to swim in that sofa."


These pictures clearly don't do it justice. It is a beautiful, sleek, blue velvet sofa. The blue isn't too deep, isn't too bright, is almost cobalt, but a little more navy than cobalt. It is perfect. I dream of this sofa in my living room. And I dream of this sofa in the living room of the house or condo I hope to one day own. In my dreams, I would pair it with either the classic Eames recliner or this gorgeous, butterscotch-colored, leather chair and ottoman (or both). While we're at it, I'd also add this reclaimed wood and iron coffee table from Home Decorators Collection and some inky, hand-blocked pillows from West Elm.

No comments:

Post a Comment