Monday, August 15, 2011

Week(end)s Recap: Birthdays & Beach Days.

These last ten days have been all about family. An ideal way to spend the end of summer, if you ask me.

Two weekends ago, we took a short trip up to New Jersey to celebrate my Bobchi's 90th birthday. We threw her a surprise party with all her friends. She was sure surprised. About an hour into the party, her (octogenarian) baby brother also showed up. I love her reaction to seeing him walk through the door.

My aunt made her an incredible topsy-turvy cake decorated with all the things she loves: flowers, cards, birds, baseballs, and the initials of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchild.

My niece was the life of the party and entertained my grandmother's friends all afternoon.



Right after our weekend in New Jersey, we caught a plane to Florida for some more family time, this time with my in-laws. It had been over nine months since we had last seen my husband's family, and these five days together were just what we needed.

We stayed in this beautiful beach-front house in Carillon Beach.


Drank our morning coffee while delighting in this view.


Spent plenty of time enjoying each others' company, eating family dinners, assembling puzzles, and battling undertow together.


At the end of every day, we would sit on our back porch, watch the sun set over the ocean, and think about how lucky we are to have each other

No comments:

Post a Comment