Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wearing: 90th Birthday Party.

This weekend hubs and I are traveling back to New Jersey for my Bobchi's 90th birthday party. It will, sadly, be a very short trip, so other than my traveling outfit, I will only need to pack something to wear on party-day.


I love this olive-colored Target shirtdress, and love it even more with a pretty lavender satin lace-trimmed slip peeking out. The slip I have is from Anthropologie and was given to me a few years back, but this one on Etsy is also gorgeous. I will wear my favorite necklaces - my Max & Cleo "G" necklace and Jess LC "Be Brave" Franklin necklace - and these great wedges I found earlier this summer at Payless.

Just yesterday I came across this beautiful shirtdress by Rebecca Taylor and realized I had recreated this look without ever seeing it. I love the light fabric of the dress, the rosette slip showing at the bottom and the neutral wedges paired with the look. Sometimes rather than basing an outfit on an inspiring look, a picture will make you realize that maybe you were doing it right all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment